Leslye did not run the Chicago Marathon today per doctors' orders. As many of you know, Leslye was involved in a car accident on Wednesday, October 8, 2008, at about 2:30 p.m. on Lake Shore Drive. She is recovering and resting at home (concussion and laceration on forehead). However, we did watch and cheer on the athletes today - great race Jeremy V!!!! I am so thankful that Leslye is safe and sound. A HUGE "thank you" to everyone that has sent their warm wishes!!!
The last week reiterates how important it is to live every day like it is the last and to appreciate life to the fullest.
The New York City Marathon is three weeks away. I ran a 20-miler on Saturday (felt pretty good) and am actually looking forward to these next few taper weeks. Leslye is hopeful that she may be able to run in New York depending on clearance from doctors. We'll see and I'll keep you posted.
We have blown my fundraising goal of $5,000 out of the water. Therefore, I have increased it to $7,500. Three weeks to go!!!!! Thanks for all of the great support. For those who have not donated and would like to do so, please click on the following link which will take you to my donation page - - http://ttes.nycchicago2008.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=270163&u=270163-226464136&e=1804708263
Cheers, Josh