**Leslye and I completed the 2008 ING New York City Marathon On November 2, 2008. As you all know, I ran in support of the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association to honor the ten year anniversary of my mother's death. This truly has been a remarkable experience for me. The support and generosity everyone has shown has been amazing. We - family, friends and colleagues - have raised over $7,000. Awesome!**The race was truly amazing. This was my fifth marathon, but first NYC (Leslye's ninth, 2nd NYC). Great crowd support!! Great Weather!! Unfortunately, I knew at about Mile 15 it just was not going to be my day (as did Leslye). Certainly finished much slower than I wanted (3:58:12), but finished, supported a great cause, and honored my mother, family and friends.
**I say "Thank you" to everyone for all of your support and encouragement. I am truly fortunate to have such wonderful family, friends and colleagues. And finally, in closing, as my mom would shout, "Skate Hard!!"
**Cheers, Josh