Click on the link below and make an on-line credit/debit card donation today!!!!
Great news folks - - in less than 24 hours, I am happy to announce that you (my family, friends and colleagues) have raised over $1,300!!! That's more than 25% of my goal of $5,000. Let's keep up the great work. Thank you for the donations!
Last summer I ran a 10-mile race and a half marathon. Thereafter, an old injury (torn tendons and ligaments in my left ankle/calf) resurfaced. Six months later, in March 2008, I began training/running again. After my ankle not getting any worse with my workout routine of running 3 days a week and biking 3 days a week, I thought of the possibility of running the ING New York City Marathon - - in honor of my mother - - marking the 10 year anniversary of her death.
I am fortunate enough to be guaranteed entry into the ING New York City Marathon on Sunday, November 2, 2008, through the American Stroke Association and the American Heart Association. I will run the 26.2 miles thinking of my mother with every stride.
I will keep you updated periodically on my training. This Saturday's long run is 10 miles. Looking forward to it. Cheers, Josh.
